Grade 13

For the past four years I have been a student striving for a goal - to earn my bachelor's degree. I had ideas of where I wanted to go post-graduation, but nothing really stuck out. I now have an opportunity to serve in a small community called Bánica in the Dominican Republic from August 2010 to December 2010. These next few months will be spent preparing myself to spend a semester abroad in a different country, to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to serve in God's name.
I'm hoping to regularly post thoughts, prayers, experiences and random photos so that I can share with anyone and everyone. I ask prayers for me as I start on this journey that God has called me on, and I ask prayers for the community that I am going to serve, that it be touched by God's grace.




Thursday, July 8, 2010

Halfway there!!

So it is July 8, and I just received an update from the Society telling me how much I have fundraised ... I am halfway there!! When I received the email, it brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful for everyone that has supported me so far, whether it be monetarily or emotionally or with prayers and encouragement. I am so blessed to have such great family and friends! Other exciting news - I purchased my (one-way) ticket to the Dominican Republic yesterday (don't worry, I'll come back...eventually!) and I am going to be traveling with Father O'Hare down there, which I am grateful for. I am not a big fan of traveling alone and especially to a country where I've never been and don't yet have a total grasp of the language. I feel now that I am really committed into going and am continually growing more excited as each new milestone is reached. I can tell God's hand is in this endeavor of mine, because I just found out that travel immunizations are covered in my insurance, and when I called the Fredericksburg Health department, they were booked through the end of the month but had a last-minute cancellation for tomorrow morning for me to go get my shots...God is good! (Especially in providing procrastinating people with options to still fulfill their goals). Just a quick update for today, but more coming soon as I continue to prepare for my trip. Thank you all for your support! God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment