Grade 13

For the past four years I have been a student striving for a goal - to earn my bachelor's degree. I had ideas of where I wanted to go post-graduation, but nothing really stuck out. I now have an opportunity to serve in a small community called Bánica in the Dominican Republic from August 2010 to December 2010. These next few months will be spent preparing myself to spend a semester abroad in a different country, to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to serve in God's name.
I'm hoping to regularly post thoughts, prayers, experiences and random photos so that I can share with anyone and everyone. I ask prayers for me as I start on this journey that God has called me on, and I ask prayers for the community that I am going to serve, that it be touched by God's grace.




Thursday, August 19, 2010

7 hours!

I am sitting in my cousin's house, watching Chelsea Lately (kind of) with my cousin while I think about getting up at 4:15 am to shower and get to the airport by 5:30 am tomorrow morning. Or later this morning. I cannot believe this point has finally arrived, but I am extremely grateful for everyone who has helped me to get to this point. This will be a short post because I have to get up in less than four hours, however I just wanted to say that I am at the point of starting this awesome adventure for the next ten months and I am extremely excited for what lies ahead and those who have helped me reach this point. I know God will provide for everything and I know that people from home are supporting me in prayers which I am also extremely grateful for. God is good! And a very happy 50th birthday to my wonderful aunt and uncle, Josie and John! I love you both! Here I go on my next adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment