Grade 13

For the past four years I have been a student striving for a goal - to earn my bachelor's degree. I had ideas of where I wanted to go post-graduation, but nothing really stuck out. I now have an opportunity to serve in a small community called Bánica in the Dominican Republic from August 2010 to December 2010. These next few months will be spent preparing myself to spend a semester abroad in a different country, to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to serve in God's name.
I'm hoping to regularly post thoughts, prayers, experiences and random photos so that I can share with anyone and everyone. I ask prayers for me as I start on this journey that God has called me on, and I ask prayers for the community that I am going to serve, that it be touched by God's grace.




Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Me alegre mucho

It means "I'm really happy." After having been gone in the capital for 2 weeks, I come back, and my fourth graders know the "Our Father" prayer, in English, by heart. I wanted to share with you all that this prayer is not easy to say in English, and kids 9 and 10 years old were able to recite the whole thing. Wow. Our Father Who art in Heaven Hallowed be thy name Thy Kingdom come Thy will be done On Earth as it is in Heaven Give us this day our daily bread And forgive us our trespasses As we forgive those who trespass against us And lead us not into temptation But deliver us from evil. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment